Software QA Engineer
Company profile :
The Qualys Cloud Platform and integrated suite of solutions helps businesses simplify security operations and lower the cost of compliance by delivering critical security intelligence on demand and automating the full spectrum of auditing, compliance and protection for IT systems and web applications.
Job Description :
1. The qualified candidate will have a solid knowledge of Linux Operating System including Network configuration and setup, file system setup and configuration, performance testing at both the OS and Application layers.
2. The responsibilities include designing and developing automated tests for a system level security application running in CentOS, RHEL and other flavors of Linux in addition to OSX.
3. Testing will address all areas of the appliance functionality including feature, performance and capacity evaluations in all environments and networking configurations.
4. Experience with virtualization (Amazon EC2, Windows Azure, OpenStack) and lightweight virtualization solutions (Linux Container, QEMU) is required.
5. Experience with Puppet modules is a strong plus.
6. The candidate must have the ability to reproduce and isolate faults, and perform root cause investigation for bug analysis in complex configurations.
7. Additionally they will be required to write detailed test plans, develop comprehensive test cases and be able to set and meet delivery schedules and deadlines.
1. Must have a solid working knowledge of the Linux Operating System.
2. System administration/IT skills for Linux (CentOS).
3. Must have experience with the software development life cycle.
4. Scripting/automation knowledge Unix shell scripts with recent scripting experience.
5. Must have experience with OS level Network configuration and trouble-shooting.
6. Experience with HTTP/HTTPS protocols,JSON, XML and Relational databases like sqlite.
7. Must be a critical thinker with excellent verbal and written skills.