1 - 2 yrs
Job Role Big Data Analytics Software Engineer
In 2008, the Royal Bank of Scotland failed as a company. We only exist as a bank today because our role as a cornerstone of the UK economy – which had been proudly built up over nearly 300 years – meant we were too important to be allowed to collapse.
1. Work with product management and functional design team members to determine software requirements for features worked upon
2. Work with database group and architects on data models, proof of concepts and technical designs as required by a feature
3. Generate technical documentation for owned modules and features
4. Assist with application maintenance by monitoring and correcting software defects
5. Help leads and managers with project planning activities by proactively providing and updating implementation and testing estimates
6. Ensure code implementation is optimal and compliant in areas of object-oriented design, testing, and error-handling
1. At-least 1-2 years of professional experience in different programming or scripting languages like Java, Scala, Python and/or R.
2. Proficient with at least 2 years of experience in distributed computing principles and frameworks like Spark or Hadoop
3. Experience in using open source tools/technologies
4. Ability to work with cloud computing environments like AWS
5. Excellent in understanding and building high performance algorithms
6. Preferred Degrees – B.E/B-Tech