Eligibility: BS Degree
Job Role: Big Data Engineer
1. Responsible for producing RIAs outlining technical details & contributing to Stage 0/1 efforts by collaboratively working with Delivery Managers, designers/ Tech Leads, E2E designers and other O&T teams
2. Hands-on/technical experience on one or more technologies in the platform (Hadoop, AbInitio, Informatica, WMB, Teradata).
3. Prepare technical designs, service catalogues and present them for review in design review forums
4. Maintain traceability of requirements & be accountable for the solution through all phases of project lifecycle (design, build testing through into live implementation).
5. Ensure Designs comply to Barclays standards and policies (for Security, Data privacy, Accessibility)
6. Design reusable solutions that adhere to pre-defined patterns as outlined by Portfolio Design Lead and/or Architecture teams.
7. Reusability factor needs to be measured per design.
8. Design for Non functional requirements ensuring impacts on Infrastructure are highlighted.
9. Implementation of Alerting/Monitoring solution for the project/service should be a part of the design.
1. Excellent understanding of ETL concepts and able to bridge the gap between Business and System requirements
2. Understanding of Informatica, additionally knowledge of Abinitio will be helpful
3. Awareness of other key technologies in the platform like WMB, JAVA, Teradata, Hadoop will be helpful
4. Good knowledge of regulatory, legal, group Risk focussed implementations will be preferred
5. Experience of designing strategic reusable solutions with focus on functional and non-functional requirements