Eligibility Bachelor/Masters Degree
Job Role Junior Associate: S&IT (International)
BT is one of the world’s leading communications services companies, serving the needs of customers in the UK and across the world, where we provide fixed-line services, broadband, mobile and TV products and services as well as networked IT services.
1. Under supervision to evaluate, co-ordinate, test and install software/hardware provided by suppliers with appropriate controls and standards e.g. Firewalls/Data Security, DBMS, MVS software, Network software and hardware.
2. Under supervision to test & install software maintenance upgrades provided by suppliers.
3. To provide problem diagnosis and resolution during the implementation, liaising with technical team lead, technical manager, peers, suppliers and customer/developer groups where appropriate.
4. To ensure operational procedures are in place, maintained and followed as approved by technical team leader.
5. To support site survey activities on network or server infrastructure.
6. To provide limited advice & guidance to other groups on technical and operational issues.
7. To provide resource and expertise to support product evaluations with other groups/customers.
8. To ensure all appropriate documentation is provided and maintained to the ISO9001 standard.
1. New graduate entry.
2. ICT related Bachelor or masters degree
3. A suitable formal training path to certification standard, where appropriate, will need to be completed e.g. CCNA, MCP, Sun Solaris, Oracle certified DBA, HP certified systems engineer etc.
1. Developed skills in basic theories, practices and procedures in one skill area through formal training, and able to apply basic knowledge/skills to own work area.
2. Dependent on others for instructions, guidance and direction
3. Able to respond to standard requests and understand the relationships between work processes and the business, although scope will be limited to own team.
4. Can use existing, clearly defined procedures to solve routine problems and organise own time to deliver against tasks set by others within a short-term horizon.
5. Prepared to ask questions and check for understanding.